Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 2

Mi Familia,

This week went by so fast. Probably faster than the first Wednesday to that Sunday. I am so busy and got so many letters this week. I feel so loved. I got 19 in 5 days, Tuesday to Saturday. (No mail on MLK day.) Everyone says that I don't need to write back, so I am going to write them all back, or I would have no one to write. It might take a while but I will do it.

I haven't talked too much about what goes on here. The average day starts with waking up at 6:30 to get ready. I am grateful I had early morning seminary or it might be really hard for me. Then we go to class from 7:00 to 7:45 and Elder Peck and I do personal study. I am reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish, which I love. Then we have breakfast from 7:45-8:15. I usually eat Mini Spooners. Then we have gym! I love gym. I play basketball every day we have it. We don't on Sunday and P-day. On p-day we work out by ourselves. Today I suggested all the Elders in the District do yoga because one of the elders used to be an instructor. It was awesome. After gym we have class with Hermano Law till 12:30. Then we have lunch, and back to class at 1:15. Then we finish personal study and to companion study until 2:45 when Hermana Verwer teaches us, which goes till 5:30. Then we have dinner. After dinner I like to do language study, from 6:15 till 9. Then we plan for the next day, go home, and prepare for bed, lights out by 10:30. It is busy but is going by so fast now.

This week I have learned a lot of Spanish. I memorized La Primera Vision (First Vision) in Spanish, learned future and past tenses, and I feel pretty confident going contacting or door to door in Spanish. I am so glad I am learning Spanish, and it is coming along very well.

It is quite funny, everyone at the MTC likes to challenge us. I usually have a ton of activities, talks, and passages to complete. It helps though so I try to be diligent about it.

From our classroom (where we are basically all day) I can see BYU! It is pretty crazy that it is right there, but I try not to dwell on it too much because I miss my friends and ward at school. I hope they are doing well and pray for them often.

Things are going great with Elder Peck and me. He is awesome. He makes me laugh. He always talks to the Hermanas in our zone, asking them how their mornings are going, how they feel, etc. That is usually followed by him telling me how weird it is to talk to girls without flirting, and asking if what he said was appropriate. It cracks me up. We are working hard and get along well.

I got the letter from Jeremy Rios! Thanks for sending it Mom. He wrote a ton of advice and scriptures and it has been really helpful. I miss that guy. Also thanks for the family picture. I have something to hang up! My district wanted to see it and everyone loved it and looked at it for a long time. All of the Hermanas either said Mom looked very young or Tanner was cute.

In gym I have met a couple of random people that I have had connections with. On Thursday I was playing basketball and I met an Elder Bass from West Jordan. I told him my brother in law lived there and asked if he knew the Niederhausers, not expecting him to. Turns out he lived on their street! He took piano lessons from Cecee and knew the whole gang. He said he had seen a picture of Lauren and Seth's wedding announcement on the fridge. It was awesome.

I saw an Elder the other day wearing a Huntington High shirt. I asked him if he knew Maelen Lockhart. He is from their ward! Matt was his seminary teacher. He said he knew the Lockens as well. I can't remember his name but his last name started with a G.

On Sunday we watched the new Joseph Smith video. It was amazing. I want to watch it again so badly. It really strengthened my testimony of him, especially because I had just memorized La Primera Vision. It was one of the most spiritual moments here at the MTC and that means a lot, because the spirit is always strong here. I am learning a lot and the time is starting to go so fast. I love it here and know this is where I supposed to be. I know for a fact this is the true church.

I love you all and hope to hear from you soon. I miss you and pray for each one of you. What is going on in ol’ San Marcos?! Let me know.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: